Search analytics mostly requires a work of more than just one man, involving multiple SEO and web marketing specialists. In addition, marketing company clients and SEO service recipients become more and more informed, and therefore require an access not only to simplified final reports, but also to more powerful website position analysis instruments. Rankinity features well-thought-out ways of cooperative work upon a project implemented so that small teams and big companies as well as their clients will find their needs perfectly satisfied.
The simplest way to start a cooperative work upon a project is to invite another user to your project in the project settings section. Note that if you invite a user with read-only permissions, he or she will only be able to view and analyze positions of a website. If you grant the full access to the project, a user will be able to take any actions and make any changes to the project, except of deleting it.
Such functionality is enough to organize a cooperative work upon your own projects. However, if you do promotion of your clients’ projects, we recommend choosing a special capability of Rankinity that allows you to conveniently organize cooperation between employees of your company and your clients.
A special attention while working with clients should be paid to reporting. That is why we developed the technique having the following question in mind: “What website position report would be ideal to a client?” And here are our conclusions:
- One side of the coin is: a report should be as simple and short as possible, since clients don’t need excessive information as long as search visibility of the website is high and stable. There is no need to send detailed information to a client, if he won’t read it.
- On the other side, a report should provide maximum details, because clients want comprehensive website position info, if its visibility has abruptly changed up or down. Additional data helps to understand the reason for such rapid change and make certain conclusions.
We suggest to resolve this controversy as follows:
The ideal report is a report e-mailed to a client and containing only website visibility data in various search engines. In addition, the report should contain a link to its online version, where a client can find maximum details and can thoroughly analyze positions of the website, if required.
Here is an example of the automatic weekly report sent to user’s e-mail address:
If a user clicks the link with the name of the project, the online version of the report opens in a browser offering all capabilities for data analysis.
That’s the idea underlying our solution. Plus, you can brand Rankinity to your own style (White Label) and therefore earn more trust of your clients. The unique feature of Rankinity is an ability to create multiple brands (companies) under the same account. Thanks to that, you can easily offer your website position analysis services acting as different companies, while you clients can enjoy customized interface of the service.
You can create a branded version of Rankinity in few minutes. Open the company section from the main menu in the control panel, and create a new company with its own settings.
When creating a company you should specify the following data:
- Company name (replaces the Rankinity brand).
- Company domain name (replaces Rankinity domain name my.rankinity.com).
- Login page logo (500*150).
- Control panel header logo (200*50).
After that, you should open the company verification dialog and follow the instructions on setting up DNS of your domain name. These settings are required to provide a full-featured operation of the Rankinity control panel through your domain name (for example, ranks.yourbrand.com). After the verification is complete, you can use the following new capabilities:
- Assign a specific company to new projects.
- Move existing projects between companies.
- Filter projects by assigned company in the project section.
Here are some important points you should take into consideration when working with companies:
- Only the owner of a company can assign it to projects.
- If you login to the control panel via the Rankinity domain name my.rankinity.com, you see projects of all companies. But if you login using your company domain ranks.yourbrand.com, you see projects of that company only.
- Users invited to a company are unable to see billing information or create new projects. In the control panel at ranks.yourbrand.com invited users can only see projects they were invited to.
- Companies use the complete branding principle, that is all places of the system will say the name of your company instead of Rankinity. Logotypes and favicon are also replaced. Any e-mail messages from the system regarding reports or notifications are sent to clients from the address of your company (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Taking into account, the Rankinity brand is totally hidden from clients of your company, and clients cannot access the billing section, you can offer Rankinity services on your own behalf for a fee, at higher than normal price. If you combine website position analysis services with other services of your company, this can make your offering much more attractive to potential customers, and therefore can increase your sales.
Let’s take a look at the below example to realize how this technique actually works. Suppose we have an advertising agency YourBrand.com promoting websites, and we want to organize cooperation of employees and clients. We need to create and configure a new company, as described above.
After you receive an order from a new client, you can do the following:
- Create a project for your new client. Add all necessary search engines, keywords, groups and competitors.
- Switch to the collaborator section in the project settings and invite your employees who will be working upon promotion of this project. Give them full access to the project. Invited users will receive a special invitation sent from the domain name of your company.
- After that, invite a client to the project with read-only rights. He won’t be able to delete or modify keywords, search engines and other settings of the project. A client receives an invitation to the system with registration instructions. After successful authorization in the control panel at ranks.yourbrand.com, your client can see the project you have set up and can view initial positions and overall visibility of the website.
You don’t have to do all this work yourself. Instead, you can delegate creating and initial setup of the project to one of your employees. After the basic configuration is done, your employee simply passes ownership of the project to you, and you make the concluding chord: move the new project to your company, run automatic position check and invite a client to the already configured project.
Note that in the billing section you can overview the detailed information on expenses of each of projects in your account. Thanks to this, managing the budget becomes very easy.